But we’re catching up!
Things have been busy at Kakao, and I’m sorry I haven’t been keeping up with the blog posts. We’ve got A LOT happening, so here’s a quick update.
– If you haven’t been in the shop in a couple of weeks (really, if you were last there two weeks ago), things have changed dramatically. We’ve replaced the cafe tables with display tables, added a beautiful hutch, and had an amazing new mural painted on our wall. Still to come: oversized window signs and photos (so people know that we’re a chocolate shop — funny how people still ask the question when they come into the store) and a serious candy case.
– All of this is preparation for the holiday season. No, we’re not making chocolate for that yet (the mass market chocolate companies finished that long ago, are done with Valentine and Easter 2011, and are making things for next Halloween right now), but we’re getting our truffles in a row while we can. Part of that is our growing team — more on them in a future post (soon, I promise!).
Now, you really need to mark your calendars for a couple of upcoming events.
– Wine & Chocolate Pairing Class, Friday, September 17. We’ll have more details on that in the next couple of days. Last time this filled up quickly, so you should reserve your spot now by calling the shop at 314.771.2310.
– Healthy Planet Food and Farmer’s Expo, Sunday, September 19. Kakao (and our friends and supplier Traveling Tea) will be sampling and selling at this event in Webster Groves.
– Green Homes Festival, Saturday, September 25, Grand Center. A fantastic event that we weathered last year (through threeseparate storms in one afternoon), sponsored by our friends at the Earthways Center, the masters of sustainability.
– Best of Missouri Market, Saturday and Sunday, October 2 and 3 at the Missouri Botanic Garden. This is going to be a really exciting event for us, and we hope you’ll come down to support us, the other vendors, and the Garden.
– Fall Candymaking Class, Wednesday, October 27, 7 p.m. at the Missouri Botanic Garden. Pumpkin marshmallows, anyone?
– Chocolate Relaxation Class, Wednesday, November 3, 7 p.m. at the Missouri Botanic Garden. We’ll put to rest all those myths that chocolate isn’t healthy, and show you how to really enjoy your chocolate.
We’ve got a lot more planned for the coming months, and we’ll give you more details about everything as soon as we can. We’re also planning to get the rest of our team involved in the blog, with recipes, tips and tricks, and behind-the-scenes happenings at Kakao.
See you soon!