To Market, To Market…
Yes, Kakao is going to be at the Tower Grove Farmer’s Market tomorrow for our season debut. Today is a busy day, getting everything ready, including the dipping our our fresh caramels (made from sugar, cream and butter, dipped in our special mixture of semisweet chocolate and topped with a touch of sea salt, just in case you haven’t had them before).
Here’s what we’ll have on the menu:
- Rose and Red Tea truffles, topped with a spot of white chocolate
- Chai Tea truffles, topped with Vietnamese Cassia cinnamon
- Maker’s Mark Bourbon truffles
- Chile-Vanilla truffles, topped with cocoa nibs
- Turkish Coffee with Cardamon truffles, topped with a touch of ground coffee
- Lavender truffles
- Dragees — almonds toasted in caramelized sugar, coated in chocolate and dusted with cocoa powder
- Pates de Fruits — raspberry jellied candies (for those of you who don’t prefer chocolate)
- Ginger and coffee bark in both milk and dark chocolate
- Four different flavors of brownies made from our special ganache: chai, Maker’s Mark, chile-vanilla and lavender
And, as a special for readers of this blog, we’ll also have a limited amount of the French Raspberry Liqueur truffles and Smoked Tea truffles. You won’t see these on the menu at the market, so be sure to ask for them — I’ll only have a few and I don’t know how long they’ll last.
We’re really looking forward to being at the market tomorrow. Stop by and say hello!