Fall Chocolate Unveiling
And not just chocolate!
Please join us this Friday, October 2, anytime between 6 and 9 p.m., for an open house and special tasting for our new fall lineup of chocolates and pastries.
We’ll have chocolate to taste, wine to sip, and music to enjoy — flamenco guitar, thanks to Lliam. And we’ll have some great new fall confections and treats available for the first time this year, including:
- Pumpkin Truffles – real pumpkin puree, nutmeg and cinnamon in a sweet cream and milk chocolate ganache, dipped in milk chocolate and topped with a toasted pumpkin seed. (Ask the couple who came in today to pick out truffles for their wedding – they tasted the freshly made pumpkin truffle ganache and changed their order to include these truffles.)
- Caramel Apple Truffles – apple syrup in a silky smooth ganache, dipped in semi-sweet chocolate and topped with a bit of caramel (I think, anyway; I’m still working on this one).
- Hot Chocolate – yes, it’s back! Real ground chocolate, our special cocoa powder, and just enough sugar make our hot cocoa the perfect cool weather drink. Unless you need a cold weather drink, and then you’ll want…
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – our hot chocolate mix, with a touch of cinnamon and TWO different ground peppers, to give you just a bit of extra warmth, right when you need it. Both of our hot chocolates are available in dry mixes to take home or in steamed milk to enjoy in our cafe.
- Pumpkin Marshmallows – seriously, these are amazing. Shannon came up with these fluffy little beauties that are unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before.
- What else? Shannon and Kate have been playing with fall flavors — apples, pumpkin, maple, cinnamon, and more. I can’t wait to see what they come up with for Friday.
You won’t want to miss Friday night at the Kakao Cafe, 2301 S. Jefferson, 63104. And don’t forget the Tower Grove Farmers’ Market on Saturday, which is hosting the Farm Aid Homegrown Urban Country Fair. And next Thursday we’re hosting a Lush Tub Show at the shop. See you then!