Come with Us to the Cashmere!
We’ve got a lot going on at the shop in the next month!
First, now that the summer farmers’ market season is over, we’re extending our Wednesday hours. Now we’ll be open Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Stay tuned for a full Winter Market schedule on a future post.)
The next Kakao event is tomorrow night, November 5, when we’ll be displaying (and selling) our wares at the English Living showroom at 1520 Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis. English Living is hosting a special event showcasing Kakao and several other specialty stores in anticipation of Thanksgiving. We hope you can join us at this unique holiday event from 6 to 9 p.m.
Next up is the Natural History of Chocolate class at the Missouri Botanic Garden, next Tuesday, November 10, from 7 to 9 p.m. The Candy Making class last night was great fun for everyone — but then who could resist fresh-made marshmallow, caramels and peanut brittle? The Chocolate class next week will be at least as fun, and you can be sure everyone there will get some great chocolates to try.
On the evening of Thursday, November 12, we have a very special event here at the shop — Jen Sertl of Angelina Accoutrements will be here with an assortment of her beautifully restyled vintage cashmere. Each piece is hand-crafted to be one-of-a-kind. Truly beautiful stuff — we hope you can join us for some cashmere, chocolate and wine.
Further ahead, mark your calendars for:
- Date Night at Kakao, November 21 — a romantic evening with a selection of our house-made plated desserts
- Shopping Friday, November 27 — specials for our newsletter friends (sign up here)
- St. Louis Holiday Magic, Friday December 4 to Sunday December 6 — a huge shopping event at the Convention Center downtown
- Chocolate Tasting at Yellow Farmhouse — Saturday December 5 in Defiance, MO
- Kakao Holiday Open House — 4-9 p.m. on Friday, December 11
Stay tuned for more information, and we’ll see you at the shop soon!